|

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time goes too fast!

Well, it's Sunday evening and I've had a great time with my Tennessee family. I can' believe I'm going back to Minnesota tomorrow already!

This morning Cheri & I went to Sunday school and church with Mom and Dad, then out to lunch at the Patio (where leftovers conveniently serve as the next meal). Then while Mom and Dad took a little nap, Cheri and I drove to some beautiful falls nearby and hiked up the mountain a bit. That was fun. We drove by some motorcyclists, so it made me homesick for a ride with my sweetie on his Honda Silverwing (I saw a couple of Gold Wing bikers here). The mountain roads are pretty narrow, so it seemed easier to maneuver a motorcycle than a car there.

We had a nice late afternoon of front porch sitting, supper of leftovers, watched some Olympics, and then enjoyed some evening back porch sitting. My nephew Nathan is in town and has his dog Kudo with him (and his friend Michelle). Kudo and KimmeeSue (my parents' dog) entertained us with several minutes of chasing and wrestling. All too soon the sun was setting and we went inside to get ready for bed.

The weather here has been lovely for my visit--highs in the lower 80s, a nice breeze, and lots of sunshine. I'm so grateful I got to spend this time here. I'm planning to return with my family at Christmas time. I'm already counting the weeks!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com