|

Friday, July 03, 2009

Goin' home

Well, I've had fun here in Tennessee, especially seeing my dad come through his colon surgery with great success, but tomorrow I'll be winging my way back home to Minneapolis.

Dad is doing great--he's been walking a bit better today and eating normally. He had a good night's sleep, although he woke up early, he was able to go back to sleep for another hour or two.

My sister Cheri and I drove to the Amish farmer's market and the local fair trade store. Both were quite wonderful. We enjoyed corn on the cob which was probably picked this morning--it was delicious at dinner time.

The weather here has been great--in the 70s and low 80s with low humidity. The mountain view of the Smokies is spectacular! I've enjoyed walking around the beautiful neighborhood, reading, and competing with my sister as we blurt out answers to Wheel of Fortune (she always wins).

I got a phone call from our former exchange student, Carla, from Bolivia. Sounds like she'll be able to visit us for a month in Dec./Jan.! We hope to bring her down to Tennessee for Christmas. Mai, our exchange student from Japan, should be visiting in September.What fun it will be!!!

Well, I better get ready for bed so I can get up and head up to the Knoxville airport in the morning. Stops are in Charlotte, Milwaukee before the final destination of Mpls--flying two different US Airways planes and then from Milwaukee Midwest Airlines. It will be so great to finally be home and check on the kids, the dog, and the house.

Have a spectacular fourth! I'll probably be in bed as the fireworks shoot off!

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com