|

Saturday, August 23, 2003

What we do for our pets.......

Raven has been scratching and scratching so I decided it was finally time to take him in for a vet visit. Getting there wasn't bad--he leaped into the car eagerly enough. Once we got to the door, though, he put on the brakes. I managed to get him in the first glass door, and I had to find a rug for him to step on before we could go through the second (he is afraid of slippery floors.) Finally I got him checked in and sat down, and more and more dogs kept arriving. Raven barked is greeting at each one, sometimes too enthusiastically.

Finally we got our own room, after we dragged him over to the scale (the pregnant tech was no help, bless her, although I'm sure she would if it weren't for her condition). Then, we had to muzzle him while the tech checked his temp (in his ear). Finally the doc came, and it was determined that he has a skin infection--and the recommended medication--benadryl. We also got a special oatmeal plus other cool stuff to give him a doggy shampoo.

Well, I went to the pharmacy, thinking, I know what benedryl is, and then there was a wide assortment of choices--gel tabs, tablets, children's liquid. I had assumed he would be getting liquid (because I thought the Rx said mL, when it said mg). So, I finally asked the pharmacist, who thought it would probably be mg, soooooooo, I bought the little tablets. Meanwhile, Raven was waiting out in the car, and I thought I'd be just a minute, so I hadn't left the windows open. Plus, I still needed to go to the butcher for hamburgers (for our birthday dinner tomorrow (happy 45th, honey!).So, I walked back to the car, opened a window for Rave, and stood in line at the butcher's. Finally we were on our way, and I gave him his shampoo and pill (mixed with peanut butter--the pill, that is, not the shampoo!) He wasn't too happy about being squirted with a hose, but I hope he'll get over it and get better.

At least he didn't have fleas!

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com