|

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Heavenly wonders

Last night I was driving to a meeting. I wasn't running late, for a change, but I was still irritated at all the road construction I had to dodge. The main road that leads from our house to the rest of the world is closed, being dug up for sewer repair. (Three weeks estimated down time) Another major highway entrance to our area is closed, so it takes at least 5 extra minutes to get anywhere now, and more like 10 in rush hour.

So, last evening wasn't too bad--it was 6:45, so it was after rush hour, and I was making the traffic lights without too much hassle. (And there were a lot of them on the route I was taking.) I was listening to my favorite Christian radio station, KTIS, where Michael W. Smith was singing, "Breathe"--"This is the air I breathe, this is the air I breathe--your holy presence, living in me....." So I was feeling pretty good. Then I looked up into the western sky, and saw the clouds of heaven parting, and the sun shine through, sending streaks of light upward and downward. I was describing it to a friend, and she said, "Oh, you mean like Heaven's Gate?" Maybe that's what it was. Listening to the worship music and seeing this magnificent sight, I was sure Jesus himself was going to step out of that cloud and come back to claim his own.

My only regret was that I wasn't with loved ones to share the experience, but later I found out that my husband photographed that very sight. I'm hoping I can learn to post photographs here and maybe share that on a future blog.

But, the spiritual high only lasted about 30 seconds. As I continued west, the clouds closed again, hiding the sun. And a passenger in the car in front of me threw an empty plastic bottle out the window, shattering my vision of a perfect world.

Still, I'm thankful for moments like these that interrupt our busy, sometimes messy and cluttered lives with beauty that only God can create.

Thanks Lord.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com