|

Friday, September 12, 2003

Rain is like water for the soul---

This morning our rain gauge read 2 inches! Wahoo. This is more rain than we have received in the past 6 weeks. I am hoping this will not only help the grass and maybe some crops (for most it is too late, I'm afraid), but also help poor Raven with his dry skin allergy. Our German shepherd mix has been on benedryl and been given special shampoo baths and lotions for weeks now, scratching and itching constantly, it seems. Also, maybe the leaves will stop falling so fast--I guess because it's been dry a lot of trees are losing their leaves early. And I hear that the fall colors may be less than spectacular due to the drought.

I awoke to the sad news that legendary singer Johnny Cash died, as well as TV actor John Ritter. I have fond memories of Johnny Cash from my youth--favorite songs of mine are "A Boy Named Sue, I Walk the Line, Folsom Prison Blues," and many gospel songs. I'm sure my daddy is saddened at this passing, too.

John Ritter was so young and full of life--so his passing is so sad too. Sometimes his sense of humor was a little inappropriate in my opinion, but I know he made a lot of people laugh.

Seasons come, seasons go, as well as seasons of life and life itself. I'm grateful for the hope of eternal life we have through Jesus Christ. Amen

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com