|

Friday, September 19, 2003

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen.......oh yes, everyone does.....

Okay, today is the day I leave for the women's retreat at our church's Bible camp. I have been mentally preparing for days, checking schedules, going to the grocery store so the kids won't starve for the two days I'll be gone, emptying garbage, tidying up messes, etc. etc.

So, this morning, I think, okay, I'll finish packing, walk the dog, clean up the kitchen, vacuum and have plenty of time to get ready before I get picked up at 1:30. I wake to the sound of water running; I assume it's Inga in the shower. The water continues to run, but Inga likes to take long showers. She usually turns the water on and off as she needs it for rinsing--she's really good about conserving water.

But as I'm in the kitchen, I run the hot water, and can't get any. And the water pressure is low. I don't get it--this shouldn't be happening just due to one shower.

So, I send Tim downstairs, and blasts of water welcome him in the laundry room, the room is flooded (as well as the bathroom and part of the hallway) and he is able to wade through the mess, turn the water to the house off, and then we begin the clean up.

Meanwhile, Christina is very close to finishing her leaf project, but needs a ride to school because the bus will come before it is absolutely complete. So, I decide to take her so I can stop at the bank on the way home. I call Minnegasco to come to repair the washer and dryer (the sourse of the water blast was a broken hose on the washer, and the flood of water put out the pilot light in the dryer.)

Anyway, I get Christina to school, get to the bank, walk the dog, and come home to find a note from Luke, Please make me a lunch. Okay, one more thing, but I can handle it.

Now, I need to finish cleaning, packing, getting Alexa's birthday present for Sunday in case I don't have time when I get back.

I think maybe our little flood is to help us remember all those who are facing devastation of Hurricane Isabel. And in just a few hours, I get to leave the house for an enjoyable weekend with other women away from the chores of cleaning and cooking and driving.

So, okay, this is a little trouble, a little irritating, but it could be worse.

Lots worse.
Till next time.

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com