|

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Hiding place

Last night I was feeling a bit melancholy. The kids going back to school (even though it is also cause for rejoicing)--the changing of the seasons, the marking of time--meaning hellos and good-byes--all this caused me to reflect a bit moodily. After Raven and I tromped through the dark woods, I came back to the back porch to brood in the darkness--or at least I tried. I waited for the motion detector light to go off so I could be alone in my little cocoon. But people kept coming out--"Mom, I gave Raven his food." "Honey, you're missing Everybody Loves Raymond!"

I can't hide from my family--how much more impossible is it to hide from God! I thought of the verses in Psalm 139: If i say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkenss will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. v. 11-12 (NIV)

Sometimes it is nice to hide--to be quiet for awhile, reflecting, praying, pondering. Then it's nice to be found again, to know that people care. And it's wonderful to know that we can never be hidden from God and his love and care for us--and that he himself hides us when we seek shelter in his everlasting and loving arms.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com