|

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Invasion of the lady bugs

Summer has come to visit Minnesota in October. It's true, we still have falling leaves, shorter days and longer nights, cool mornings and evenings, but temperatures during the day have soared up into the 70s. After last week's freeze, it's a welcome event.

Ladybugs and box elder bugs, however, have taken the opportunity to take over our town. They cling to doorways and windows, seeking entry into warm homes and sometimes finding it--flinging themselves against light fixtures as if they were summer moths.

I guess I'll put up with a few lady bugs for a couple of days of summer again. Winter snows will be here soon enough.

Till next time,

Suzi

PS I must take time to wish my wonderful sister Cheri a very happy birthday! You are a great example to me, and I hope you have a terrific day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com