|

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Helpful husband

It was one of those Saturdays where everyone is going in different directions. Tim was working, Luke was recording his first CD with his band, Mark was sleeping, Christina wanted to go to her school's marathon, and I had plans to take exchange students to a parade to promote AFS.

So, I left a disappointed Christina and a sleepy Mark at home and gathered up the foreign girls and headed to the parade route. We parked and walked several blocks to our lining up place. Just before we were ready to march, my cell phone rang. It was Mark. "Mom, I have some bad news." I tried to think of how might have died or be in the hospital. "The dishwasher is making suds and water all over the kitchen floor."

Okay, this was bad, but hopefully salvagable (is that a word?). Anyway, I told him to hit the cancel button and start mopping up the floor with any towels, sheets, or whatever he could find to get the water off the floor. We have fake wood floors (like Pergo) and if they get wet for too long, they warp.

So, Mark was the hero and when I got home I ran the dishwasher on short rinse cycles and cleaned out the suds on the bottom the best I could. Turns out Tim was trying to be helpful and ran the dishwasher with the Dawn hand dishwashing soap. "Well, it was out--what was it doing sitting out by the dishwasher????"

I'm sure Tim has run the dishwasher before using the right stuff, but oh well, we all make mistakes. This one is not likely to be repeated.

Unless, of course, we have a helpful exchange student who wants to lend a hand in the kitchen and.........

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com