|

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Missing them.........

My friend Judy and I are planning a party--a reunion of sorts. We are hoping to resurrect our Friends Indeed group, at least for one evening. Friends Indeed was a group of couples (and some singles) who gathered monthly or however often we could manage it to play games, eat, talk and basically have fun. It was a good escape from small children for us and some others who had kids the same age, but mostly good to enjoy Christian fellowship in a let-down-your-hair kind of way.

This is a group of friends from our old church which closed last year. Now, I depend on seeing people at Cub Foods mostly, or worse, funerals. I even missed a funeral--I just found out yesterday that an older member of our church died about 2 weeks ago. Guess I'm getting to the point where I should study the obituaries every day.....

I did see a good friend at a varsity girls soccer game, of all places. Inga, our exchange student, was being honored with other senior exchange students and their parents at half time (we missed the other half-time senior deal--the AFS students had a required orientation.) My friend's daughter, a sophomore, was playing varsity for her large high school (Wayzata, MN). She was the top scorer, but at this time, she was injured and not playing. It was good to catch up a bit, and I hope to see her at the Friends Indeed reunion.

And I hope we'll dwell on life, the future, our faith walks. And we'll have fun.

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com