|

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Injuries

Christina injured her thumb the other day in volleyball--it's jammed and a little swollen, but she's getting by, and even still playing. But last night, she just went out the door to walk the dog, when she tripped over something and claimed she heard a crack.

I let her sleep upstairs by the front door, and when I looked at her foot this morning, there was no swelling or bruising. She hasn't tried to put any weight on it yet, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Of course, this morning I have Bible study (my one important commitment during the week), but I think she'll be fine to stay home and rest and when I get home I'll see how it's going and if a doctor's visit is necessary.

I'm pretty sympathetic, because I had a hand and ankle injury a couple years ago--mine was a sprained ankle (falling out of a tree--a story for another time) and 3 weeks later I cut open my hand separating hamburger patties with a regular table knife. Eight stitches later, I was almost as good as new, but I still had my ace on my ankle. I still can't clap for a long period of time (it hurts) and as the weather has been changing this fall I can feel pain in my ankle.

Isn't nice to be a sympathetic mom?

Till next time,
Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com