|

Friday, November 21, 2003

Taste test activity

Yesterday I went to a taste test--a fundraiser for our high school music program, with an added bonus of payment to participants. I was the fourth to arrive--wasn't sure of what traffic would be. If I were the first, I had the option to leave with pay, since there were enough participants. That woman did opt to go. I observed the other participants, before and during the study--most people had brought something along with them to do. Several women had books they were reading between tastes of their strawberry smoothies. One lady was knitting. A couple others had folders or papers from work.

The smoothie test (I signed a release saying I wouldn't go in to specifics about the test) wasn't long--less than 45 minutes. I thought it was interesting how hard it is for Americans to sit doing nothing for that period of time (or that period of in-between time). We can't have any down time, any idle time, any reflective time, especially in a public place.

And then I found myself wishing I had brought a book along, too.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com