|

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Love that liver

My liver is a good one, I think--perhaps an overactive one. I've been learning that the liver is the organ that produces glucose--and, in my case, when I exercise or sleep (especially after an insulin shot)--the cells start crying out to the liver to produce glucose. This morning before my walk my number wasn't too bad--141--but after my walk (still fasting from the night before) the numbers went up to 187.

Anyway, Raven and I enjoyed our walk--he did a beeline down the now shoveled sidewalks--not too many places to sniff as the mounds of snow piled up on either side of the walkway. As we got to the parkway, we were dismayed to discover the walkway was not yet plowed--so we alternated between the snow-free street and the snow-filled sidewalk. Good thing I had on my high zip-up Sorel boots.

It's cold, (about 2 degrees) so maybe that was another reason for Raven's scurrying (I wore two layers--at least--of everything.) I also enjoyed my new CD disc man and listened to Amy Grant Christmas carols--except for the times the CD player slipped down. Well, maybe practice will make perfect.

Two weeks till Christmas--so I better get busy wrapping and writing (our Christmas letter).

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com