|

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Catching up

Yesterday I balanced my checkbook that has been waiting weeks for me. To my shame, I had two statements to catch up on. But fortunately, each month balanced and I was as happy as a clam (if only I had more clams to be happy about!).

Now I need to catch up on my housework. It's not too bad--as we've had gatherings here every week for the past couple of weeks. This weekend we are hosting an Advent dinner and two families with teenagers are coming over, so I guess there is more reason to be nervous. But I'm not in a panic (yet)--what makes me nuts is when I compare myself to other people's homes with immaculate carpeting and nick nacks or zero dust bunnies under the bed, beautiful decor and scented candles burning in every room.

I would like this too, but I have yet to attain it. My goal is to have a peaceful home where people can relax and not feel they are in a museum, but not be in a cluttered environment either.

So, today I plan to catch up. It helps that we've steadily getting rid of clutter--so I don't have to keep moving that around!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com