|

Thursday, February 26, 2004

A leisurely day

Today I'm home--at least till something comes up. No frantic phone calls from my daughter at school (she's at environmental camp 4 hours away) about something she forgot, no tax work, at least till I get a phone call, and the only car repair I need to have taken care of is a burned out headlight which should be a stop-in kind of fix it job.

Tomorrow will be another story--work in Bloomington, picking up Christina at 5:30, etc. Inga's going to the Timberwolves basketball game with AFS, and the core group from the church plant are planning to see The Passion of the Christ. We didn't reserve tickets because we just aren't sure how our schedule will work out, and also I'm afraid of my reaction to the film, which I know will be overwhelming. Maybe I need to be shaken to be reminded of just what Christ has done for me.

I'm grateful for his sacrifice, which gives me the opportunity for eternal life, and the ability to enjoy each day on earth with him. He helps me through daily inconveniences and larger issues as well--he definitely knew suffering.

So, I thank him for the love and comfort that came out of his suffering--for taking my penalty on himself, so I won't have to suffer separation from him.

I shouldn't take the comfort of a day off for granted.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com