|

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Cleaning up

With Luke's graduation party coming up, we are rushing around trying to order our home. Yesterday I mustered up my courage to open an old trunk from the days before we were married. I was afraid I would be confronted with memories I didn't want to resurrect. (like my first paper in Literature class as a freshman--I got a "D" on it and mispelled "prairie" throughout--it was about the book "The Prairie. I had received mostly "A's" in English in high school, so this was a definite blow.)

Anyway, I went through some things--found a few letters from old friends, wedding cards, (so I guess it wasn't all pre-marriage stuff), my college transcript, and a bunch of newspapers! It was fun to be able to toss the newspapers guilt-free--why I had saved the Chicago Tribune newspapers from my grad school days I do not know. I guess I have a hard time parting with anything with writing on it, since reading is my favorite pastime (sp?). But, I've gotten better over the years. I only save newspapers for a week--hardly ever more than a month unless there is a special article I'm saving for some reason (I know someone who knows someone mentioned in a news/feature story).

Tossing is a good feeling. I hope by Luke's party, our home will be clutter free.

Or........at least in better shape.

Till next time,

Suzi

4 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

I think the problem was that you had an old template. With a newer one the comments seem to work just fine.

Good luck,
Tim

9:29 PM  
Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

I hope you like this template. If not just let me know.

Tim

9:30 PM  
Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Hey you've already got two comments, no make that three comments in record time. Wow, comments are streaming in. Maybe people from other states will even log in.
Here's to you Swansmith.

Tim

9:31 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

Thanks, honey!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com