|

Monday, May 17, 2004

Not finished yet

This weekend as Christina and 11 other 8th grade students were confirmed, the message the pastor sent in three different sermons was clear--God is not finished with you yet.

His first illustration at the Saturday night service was of pancake batter. He mixed several ingredients in front of the kids who sat in the front two rows. Then he invited them to eat the raw batter. Why not? It had all the ingredients needed..... But, it lacked the cooking process--the finishing work.

This is a good reminder that our kids, and we ourselves, are still a work in progress. God isn't finished with us yet, and we are going to fail and stumble along the way. Sometimes I wish my kids were a little further along in the cooking process, but then I am reminded that I'm pretty raw material, too, and I should focus a bit more on my own refining instead of concentrating on faults I see in them.

It's May--a time of reflection on accomplishments in school, in church, in life. Graduation for Luke is just around the corner. The cooking process is just beginning.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com