|

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Lilacs

I love May. It's a busy month--this year filled with the boys' school band concerts, Christina's play, confirmation and 8th grade graduation, but it is such a refreshing time in Minnesota. My very favorite thing about May (besides celebrating our anniversary) is lilacs. I love the smell of lilac bushes.

I'm reminded of my youth in May. During my adolescence, I lived in Lombard, IL, the Lilac Village. Our water tower was painted a lilac color. The third Saturday in May, the city workers sprayed the streets with lilac scents before the beginning of the annual Lilac Parade down Main Street. In junior high, I marched with my flute in the band down the street. I remember one year my parents were on a float of square dances, swinging and do-si-doe-ing as they moved down the street, carried on by the lively music and the sweet fragrance.

Raven and I found a lilac bush near the highway on our walk today. Now I have the fresh scent in our home, in the new vase I got from my parents for our anniversary.

Ahhhhhh, May.....

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com