|

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Last day

Today is our last day of Bible Study Fellowship. Next week we'll meet again--but it will be a different format. Next week is sharing day, so we won't meet in our small discussion groups, except to sit together in the sanctuary and listen as individuals share what God has taught them throughout the year.

I've learned a lot from our study of Israel and the Minor Prophets. Mostly I've learned that God pursues us, as he did his chosen people, in spite of our many failings and sins. Even though I fail him time and time again, he is always ready to take me back and forgive me. There are consequences for sin, and Israel suffered many of them, and I do too.

As a parent, I understand in a remotely small way how God must feel as he parents us. He longs for us to come to him, to confess our sins, to have fellowship with us. I long for this with our teenagers, who often choose their own path--not always the wisest way.

My prayer is that I can stay in fellowship with God throughout the summer and set an example for my teenagers. I want us all to be in fellowship with God and with each other--so we can fully know and enjoy God's love and the relationship he wants with each of us.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com