|

Monday, May 10, 2004

A good weekend

I had a nice Mother's Day. On Saturday, (the day before Mother's Day) my daughter and I went shopping for her graduation and confirmation dresses. We had fun together, momentarily forgetting about raging hormones and petty disagreements. We got home in time to join the extended familiy for Grandpa Jim's birthday party at Old Country Buffet--his favorite haunt.

On Sunday, I got up early to walk Raven and Tim dropped me off at the Well, our new church plant, so I could help set up and work in the nursery. All the ladies and girls at church received roses. After church, we went to Perkins as a family--just the five of us--and had a nice meal together. It seems it is rare to spend time together with my husband and all our kids at one time.

We talked about taking a walk or biking, but the weather looked stormy and I was ready for a nice Sunday Mother's Day nap. Tim and the boys went shopping for frisbees and frisbee disks for frisbee golf. When I got up from my nap, the guys came home and it was time to head out to Solomon's Porch--a Sunday evening church gathering where we like to attend when we can. Afterwards, we learned that Chipolte had free burritos for moms, so we went there for supper. They make your burrito to order, and mine was stuffed so full that I only ate about 1/3 of it, adn brought the rest home for lunch today and tomorrow.

So I can extend Mother's Day for a little bit longer.

Till next time,

Suzi




(<$BlogItemCommentCount$>) comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com