|

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Happy Father's Day

My husband has posted about his dad, my sister has posted about our dad, my friend Theresa has posted about our daughters response about their dads (her husband and my husband), so now I must break with my usual sabbath rest from blogging and reflect on my dad as well.

Mostly, when I think of my dad, I think of him being there. Being available to listen to me, even when we didn't agree (which was more often than not decades ago (age has seasoned me to become more reasonable like my father and mother). :) Even now, as I guess I'm in middle age, I know I can turn to him with a problem or concern, and he listens. He may even have a solution, but he doesn't offer it before he lets me vent or just talk. I think that time has caused him to look back on the teen years of his children with fondness, remembering the hard times, but knowing that they were just for a season, and helping me to have more of an eternal perspective when I think I will never live through the teen years of our kids now.

Speaking of eternal perspective, my sister wrote eloquently about how our dad has been such a great example to us of our heavenly Father. He exhibits many godly qualities and, definitely with Mom's help, pointed us to the way of salvation through Jesus.

And for that, and for everything else you have done for me, I can never thank you enough Dad. I love you. Happy Father's Day!

Love,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com