|

Friday, July 23, 2004

Back to the routine

It doesn't take long to be thrown back into the routine of life at home. After my daughter and my wonderful trip to Duluth, we are back to the daily grind. My son asked me to put his clothes in the dryer, I packed my husband's lunch this morning, I walked the dog in our familiar neighborhood, and my boys asked me to please go to the grocery store soon--"we have no food" was their exact comment, I think.

I don't mind doing any of these things, really, and I'm glad to be back home. But I'll linger a little while longer on our getaway. My daughter, who is a teenager, was really wonderful and helpful (when she wasn't sleeping!). Actually, she did get up in the moring without too much encouragement, and she didn't complain (too much) at the activities we chose to do. It was fun to walk near Lake Superior and see the lighthouses, enjoy a meal with my parents and sister, and drive the winding and steep hills of Duluth. Lake Superior is really amazing--looking more like an ocean than a lake, especially as we drove a bit up the north shore.

As I mentioned yesterday, it wasn't as cool as we hoped on day one, but the weather was very comfortable on our second day. We toured Glensheen Mansion on that day, and my sister blogged about that today, so you can read more about our time there.

There's nothing like a little trip with loved ones to recharge your batteries. I'm glad I went, in spite of fears of the van having trouble (it was fine) and leaving my husband and boys for a couple of days. (I did bring Raven along, so I wasn't worried about him being left behind at home.) Mom and Dad are on their way to my sister's now, then on to my other sister's in Chicago, and on to home. I'm glad we were able to enjoy each other as much as we did.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com