|

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Finally blogging

It is almost 11 am, and I am finally able to blog this morning. I got up a bit later than yesterday, when I needed to take Christina to her bus stop for camp. But, still, I was home from my walk today before 9, and planned to blog, but my boys were still home getting ready to join their dad at work, so I was a little distracted by their activities in the kitchen (right next to the office computer area).

Finally they were gone, and I had the house and computer to myself. I wanted to blog right away, so I could get on with the housework I needed to do. But, first I decided to check my e-mail. It was taking a long time to come up, then it quit. So, I rebooted the computer to see if that would help. Same problem. Finally I went to web mail, and was able to retrieve and delete some e-mail that way.

Then I thought I would re-make a couple of cards for my mother-in-law. I enjoy making computer generated cards. My mother-in-law likes them, and generally they only take a couple of minutes to make, so I agreed to make a couple birthday cards for 7-year-old twins in the family. I bought a new card program yesterday, because the old one wasn't working upstairs on my computer, but then I couldn't install it. Tim finally got it working last night and after many trial and errors, he got a couple of cards printed out. Bless his heart, he thought both the twins were boys, and perhaps younger than 7. I thought, oh well, the cards are probably still fine, but this morning I thought I would try my hand at remaking the cards just before I blogged, so I came downstairs to "whip them out."

Well, the card program went okay, but I had trouble printed them (they were double-sided cards that need to be printed, one side at a time, then reinserted correctly.) Finally I came out with a finished product that I hoped was age and gender appropriate.

Then I went to write my Blogging for Light blog. Yesterday's blog never posted for some reason, so I rewrote it for today. Finally I got on to my Swansmith blog. Now, I will hopefully successfully post it and get some physical work done around the house.

That is, if I can make sure my e-mail box has opened completely and I read all my favorite blog links.....

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

What did we do we all that extra time we had before computers came along?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com