|

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

A new adventure

Last night, we had a couple of adventures. I was a feeling a little depressed, as I realized two days late, that I had left a bag of groceries (that I had paid for) at the store. I also had bought some cleaning solution from a door-to-door salesman (I almost never do this) and the solution didn't seem to work as well in my hands as in his.

So, with all our kids gone, Tim suggested we leave the house too. A friend of ours had e-mailed, saying that they needed some help loading a moving van. We stopped by there, and helped move boxes and furniture onto the truck. There were about a dozen people there, mostly men, but there was one other woman helping and a few children underfoot here and there to make things interesting. These friends were very well organized, and had boxes neatly stacked and labeled and numbered. They even had half a dozen dollies there so we could easily move many boxes and other things.

There is nothing like helping someone else to make me feel better about my own life. When we got back home, I was feeling much happier. And yet another surprise was to await me. Tim was downstairs blogging away, and so from the upstairs computer, I logged onto his website to see how he was doing. Lo and behold, he was writing about a new blog he wanted to start. It is called Dark and Story Night. (No, that's not a typo--it is "story" not "stormy.") He has begun a story, and with comments, we can add to it as often as we log onto the site. Try it, it may be a lot of fun to see how this story evolves. I'm sure Tim will add to it often as well, perhaps trying to get us back to the "main point."

I'm looking forward to this new writing adventure.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com