|

Friday, July 30, 2004

Chatting around the world

One of the things I love about the internet is the ability to stay connected with people. We have hosted 5 exchange students, plus gotten acquainted with several more through AFS. Last night, as I was checking my e-mail, I saw that Josue from Argentina, a friend of our student from Ecuador, and our student from Moldova, Inga, were both on line.

I don't usually initiate conversations, because these are college students who lead busy lives, but if they have a moment, they usually start a conversation. Josue greeted me and it was fun to catch up on his life.

Actually, I did start a conversation with Inga, because I had sent her an e-mail with a question about a letter I received in Romanian (our daughter is adopted from Romania, and her nurse had written to us. Inga is from Moldova, but her native language is Romanian.

Anyway, after a while, I mentioned to the two that I was chatting to the other, and then Inga had questions about Argentina and Josue had questions about Moldova. I suppose I should have hooked them up to chat together, but it was getting late. (after 11:30 pm here, after 1:30 pm in Argentina--Josue said he is on winter break). It was early for Inga (about 7 am I think), but she was still sleepy.

It's fun to see the world become a smaller place. We are looking forward to the arrival of our former student from Japan in a little more than 2 weeks. Maybe someday we can travel the globe and see eveyone who has touched our lives in our little corner of the world called Minneapolis, MN.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com