|

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Countdown to school daze

Well, here it is, early in August, and of course that means--back to school! I supposed I shouldn't feel bad that summer seems to be slipping away--after all, my brother's kids in Tennessee go back to school in a couple of weeks, I think. Usually our kids have started after Labor Day, but this year Luke is starting at the end of August, as is Christina. Luke's tuition is due the end of the week, so that means he'll need to get books soon too. And Christina got her list of school supplies as well as her class schedule, so of course she was on the phone or online with all of her friends to see who got what for classes. She is taking Latin second period, and is pretty excited about that. I am too--I am hoping I can learn along with her, since I have only studied Spanish as a foreign language.

Luke will be taking business classes as he works to complete his accounting degree. Mark will be taking the usual as his junior year begins--although as he becomes an upper classmen his schedule becomes a little more flexible.

I will begin my BSF classes again. This year we are studying Acts and the epistles. It should be a great year, and a nice change of pace from last year's Minor Prophets and the History of Israel study (which was a great study, too).

Even a few leaves are changing color and falling. But, I will cling to summer while I can, and look forward to the new season when it comes. After all, the winter winds will come blowing soon enough.....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com