|

Saturday, July 31, 2004

The call comes again

I can't believe that, after staying away from drywall stuff and dirt all summer, today is the 4th day in a row that Tim has called on me to help him at work. When it rains, it pours. The boys have been busy helping, too, or doing other jobs. So, here I am, off again, this time not to vacuum or clean up, but to help shake out drop cloths and mask off a room to prepare the ceiling for texturing.

Tim keeps saying he'd like me to find a job with benefits so he can quit this running around and stay home. He's only half kidding, I think, when he races from job to job and tries to remember which tools he needs for which and where he has placed them.

Some days a desk job looks pretty good. But, all this exercise is good for all of us. Like housework. Running, up and down, wondering where my "tools" are........driving from store to store (mostly Walgreens and Cub Foods) because I forgot something.......

If you have any job suggestions that would solve our woes, I'd love to hear them. But maybe God wants us to be content, like Paul says in Philippians: I have learned to be content in all circumstances.

Whether running around Home Depot looking for a new T-square for Tim or sitting quietly at the computer.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com