|

Friday, October 01, 2004

The cupboards are not bare

A few days ago my sister blogged about keeping her cupboard stocked in case of emergency--as people are perhaps more likely to do since Y2K, hurricanes, and terrorism threats. She also pointed out that, even though it is good to be prepared, we need to store up our treasures in heaven, not earth.

I agree with both principles--stocking up and storing treasures in heaven. Unfortunately, my stock is not as organized as hers, and I don't necessarily stock up when I see good deals.

My pantry is my security. When it is overflowing, I feel that we will not starve. However, there is a possibility of starving (well, not really) because it is sometimes impossible to find food in there because it isn't organized too well and sometimes I buy things that I already have because I can't find a particular item until days later when I realize I have three!

My husband tried to remedy this problem for me a few years ago when I was laid up with a sprained ankle and helpless to stop him. He had built big, deep pantry shelves for me when we first moved into our house. But now, he and our oldest son cut away at the shelves, making them "L" shaped, so they would be easier to access.

But they also hold less stuff! Hence, the overflow.

However, my real problem is organization. I need to go through the pantry, get rid of old stuff or give stuff to the food shelf that is good but I am not likely to use or need, and make sense of the clutter. Oh dear. Now that I have written this on my blog, do I really have to tackle it? I guess I will if my husband reads it........but he's been busy organizing his own office. So, I guess I can't hide any food in those spacious shelves he has now in his new haven.....

I will update you if the pantry situation improves.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

So I get the blame for the mercies overflowing in the space known as the pantry? I better not say more, lest I have to sleep in the pantry.

Fly On!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com