|

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign........

As Raven and I go walking every morning, it is interesting to notice all the political signs popping up in people's yards. It seems like there are more signs this year than last--more people are concerned about the election coming up next month (four more weeks!) and are expressing their views.

As I passed by the lady's house (referred to in my blog, The Old Lady and the Pee), I noticed a new Kerry/Edwards sign. I was careful to steer Raven away from it (she had placed it not far from where he had done his business. I will make no further comment.)

On the corner that has always sported three Wellstone! signs, there are now only two Kerry/Edwards signs. By the way, Wellstone was a Minnesota senator who died tragically in a plane crash two years ago just before the election. I was never a supporter of his political views, but he was a man of conviction, a family man, and even listened to his opponents and took time to have real dialog with them.

Some people take advantage of their wide lots and post two of the same political sign. Or, they put their signs to the very edge of their yard, which must be irritating to their neighbors who may have differing views.

There are lots of Bush/Cheney signs out there too. Last week we went to a parade in a nearby suburb (the number of Republicans seems to grow as you go farther out in the suburbs) and saw a small Kerry delegation followed (many floats behind) by a large semi-truck filled with Bush supporters.

It's interesting to be in a swing state this year, as Minnesota has traditionally voted for the democratic candidate. Kerry, Bush, Cheney, Edwards and their families have all visited Minnesota and I think will continue to until election time.

I'll continue to be an observer of signs until election day, and then I'll be a participant at the voting booth in November. If the signs are any indication, the polls will be a lot more packed than they were in the primaries last month (I didn't see anyone else voting when I went then.)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com