|

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Signs are coming down

Most of the signs are coming down in our neighborhood, making leaf raking a lot easier for those who had multiple candidate or even two or three Bush or Kerry signs in their yard. A few people have left up their presidential signs. One sad looking, bent sign hung on in a yard that read: Kerry/Edwards, A Stronger America. I suppose you could say, though bent, the sign may have helped Kerry take Minnesota.

I'm happy with the outcome of the national election, but don't want to gloat too much because I know many people who are sad if not devastated. Hopefully they will come around and see that four more years of this president (who has led us through one of the greatest challenges of our nation--9/11) will not be so bad--that he is a leader for all the people.

I have to say I liked what John Kerry said in his concession speech, something about there being no real losers in the United States the day after the election, because we all wake up the next day as Americans.

I think I'm globally minded and I love the many cultures of the world and their people. But today, I'm proud to be an American. (Oops--I feel a song coming on...better quit before all my readers cover their ears......... ;) )

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzi said...

For any readers who wish to read more of Lori's laments, you may go to the comments on Tim's site at blobjectsbytimman.blogspot.com

I think the above is the longest comment recorded on my site ever! Anyone want to top it? ;)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com