|

Monday, November 01, 2004

Pie, pie, everywhere a pie

Yesterday I spent hours in the kitchen making and baking pies. I have decided not to buy Cortland apples, but stick to Haralson, because Cortland apples, or at least the ones I bought, do not work well in my handy dandy apple corer/peeler cranking machine. They moosh up and then I have to peel them by hand and then cut them up to put in my handy dandy food processor.

Even with all my handy dandy gadgets, I will have to mix the crust, roll it out, put it in a pan, mix up a cinnamony mixture for the apples, and do something about a topping (I chose a crumb topping). This all the while being interrupted by trick or treaters--but I can't complain too much about this, because we really didn't have that many kids at our door last night.

But the result--Christina and her Halloween friends sitting at the table eating pie and ice cream. Tim's parents came over to partake of the dessert. The apples that were sitting on my counter are now gone. We have happy stomachs and have fed some friends.

So, next time, Haralsons all the way. If there is a next time. Well, I guess I can do it again. Maybe I'll go back to one pie at a time.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com