|

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Beauty on a gloomy day

It's raining. It's overcast. Generally speaking, it's yucky outside. But even though sunshine often lifts my mood, I will not be downcast by the weather conditions.

Instead, I choose to look for color in the gray-ness. God has provided a wonderful pallet for our eyes in this fall season. As Raven and I walked with my umbrella, we noticed all the wet, fallen leaves with their varying hues. Instead of picking up only after what Raven left behind (and I discarded), I chose some brightly colored leaves to bring home with me. I picked up a fiery red maple leaf, along with a speckled red and yellow one, and another maple with a red, yellow and orange pattern. A bright yellow maple leaf was added to my collection, along with a similarly colored cottonwood leaf. I decided to add two more cottonwood leaves to my collection--a green one that had fallen as well as a brown one.

The rain is absolutely pouring down as I type now. I'm glad Tim has his cube van so he can easily walk inside to get the tools he needs for the day. I know he's been enjoying the beauty of this season, too, because he has documented pictures of leaves on his blog. I look out the window and I see the sunshine yellow remains of my large hosta contrasting with the gray day.

It's a bit harder to see beauty when difficult circumstances cloud our path. But I know the God who created the glorious seasons will help me through the teenage years my children are passing through. Like the falling leaves, this too shall pass. I'll collect the good memories that I can and learn from the harder ones, like a collection of leaves--ranging from green to brown.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Beautiful descriptions!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com