|

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Plans change

Well, yesterday was supposed to be a leisurely day at home, but Tim called to ask if I could help clean up a job--which would take about an hour. I should have known it would be much longer--there were rooms in the basement and on the main floor that needed sweeping, scraping cleaning and tossing. I scraped the floors, got on my hands and knees to mop them, only to discover that cleaning floors with a dirty rag only leaves a dusty residue. Finally I got things to a somewhat presentable place, about 2 1/2 hours later. I hadn't had lunch, but a late breakfast saved me. I was tired and sore, but felt I had accomplished something good--something that had helped Tim and Luke (who had studying to do and painting at his new home).

I felt like moping and complaining, but I realize that Tim has to be a craftsman and a custodian every day in his mostly remodeling business. He goes from two to three jobs a day, and rarely asks me to pitch in.

I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who provides for our family and who, for the most part, allows me to stay at home. Next time he needs my help, I'll try to have a more joyful and grateful heart.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! And I have it in writing.

Guess who?

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com