|

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election day

I've researched the candidates (the internet is a great help in this regard). I've prayed, I've asked questions of friends, I've given my opinion to others. And now I've voted.

It's a little funny that we live across the street from the elementary school (where our children attended) that is a polling place, but not our polling place. As I walked to the city hall to vote which is a few blocks away, I passed others from that neighborhood coming to vote at the elementary school. And as I walked back, the same was true.

But it was good to be out, walking with neighbors, voicing our opinions at the ballot box. I went mid-morning, so it only took me about 15 minutes. As I put my ballot in the electronic box, I noticed that 292 people in my little precinct in my little suburban town had already voted.

Now the waiting begins. I can't say I'm sad that the political ads will end, but I am hopeful my candidates win.

But no matter the outcome, I know God is in control. And I thank him that I live in a country where we have the freedom to choose our leaders.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com