|

Monday, January 31, 2005

Dog encounters

This weekend we had several dog encounters on our walk, Raven and I. I sometimes spend a great deal of time avoiding other dogs--not because I don't want to greet them, but because Raven is so verbal in his greetings and I'm not sure how other dog owners would react to this.

So, I've thought of starting a web page for our neighborhood. I'd put up flyers advertising this service, and ask dog walkers to log on before their walks. The site would have a map of our neighborhood, and the walkers would plot their route--looking to see where others were going, either to avoid them or perhaps encounter them if they like.

Of course, people might be running late after they post their route--maybe the phone rings or they get distracted somehow. Or maybe a non-poster would encroach on a territory they thought would be other-dog-free.

Sigh. I guess I'll just have to continue to improvise on our daily walks. Or maybe we can get everyone to get a GPS system, so we can track each other.........no, no, too Big Brotherish....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com