|

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Oscar the bulldog

Today Raven and I were charged by a bulldog as we walked the streets of Robbinsdale. I wasn't too worried--he looked harmless enough, overweight and waddling toward us, with his owner right behind. Apparently he had escaped from his yard, and because he had no leash or collar. The owner was straddling him, trying to guide him back to the house while Raven yapped and the lady apologized, yelling, "No Oscar!" and worked on steering her pet back to the house.

I wonder how much I'm like that bulldog. I like to go my own way, do my own thing, and I may be a dead weight when someone tries to bring me back to the way I should follow. I like to think I tow the line most of the time, but once in awhile I like to break free and chase after the German shepherds that may come across my path.

I know I can't take this analogy too far, but I should heed my owner--my Lord--more often. I need to seek him daily and listen to his voice moment by moment. Otherwise, I may find myself charging somewhere I don't belong, and hope that he lovingly finds me and takes me back where I should be--not wandering aimlessly in dangerous territory.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com