|

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Walking in a fog

Today is a beautiful, sunny day. It's 10 below zero. Raven and I (well, I) bundled up for our daily walk outside. Two layers of pants, plus snow pants, check. T-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, check. Gloves, covered by mittens, check. Hat/scarf ensemble? Check. Tennis shoes (there's not enough snow to warrant boots yet), check. Raven's leash, check. His food and water dish filled for his arrival home, check. Plenty of plastic bags in my pocket? Check. Cell phone in zipper pocket? Check.

We headed out. I let Raven guide me as my glasses fogged up. I tried to clear them up a few times, always unsuccessfully. I could still sense cars around me (I don't think we ran into any other walkers or dogs), so I didn't worry about getting hit.

I was grateful to get back home, though I hadn't been cold, really. (Well, maybe my fingers got a little chilly.) It was nice to shed the layers and take a warm shower, drink my sugar-free hot chocolate, and sit and blog.

Today's high is supposed to be zero. Thank goodness for warm clothes, a warm house, and the warmth of Christmas coming.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com