|

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Afternoon blog

It's late--2 pm to be exact. I usually blog between 8:30 and 9:30, but today I got up a bit late, made lunches, got the roast in the crockpot and the bread in the breadmaker, and went off for my walk with Raven. By the time Raven and I got back from our rainy route and I jumped in the shower, it was time to head out the door for our last BSF class. Next week we will still meet, but it will be a "sharing" day--we won't be meeting in our small discussion groups and there won't be a lecture. Class members will share with the larger group (about 200 women, I think) about how God has worked in their lives through our study of Acts and the Epistles this year.

Now I'm home, having read my e-mail and a few blogs, and having written my other Bible study blog. I'm reflecting on all the Scripture I've read these past months, through my BSF study and my blog. It's been wonderful to see how God used the early church in the book of Acts, and to read the letters of the early apostles. We've read not only Acts, but 1 & 2 Corinthians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians, Ephesians, 1 & 2 Peter, James and Jude, and maybe some others I've forgotten to mention. In my blog I've read Philippians, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Esther, Ruth, James, and probably others I've forgotten to include here. Right now I'm studying Genesis--a wonderful look at how God moved in the early days of mankind.

As I read Scripture, I marvel at how truths that were written so many centuries--even millennia--ago are still relevant today. We make the same mistakes as Bible characters, and can find the same forgiveness from the same God. God's character and his promises throughout Scripture are unchanging--we can claim his truth today and forever. God's love and mercy continue through the generations. I am so grateful for such a wonderful God! I can find newness in texts of Scripture each time I read them, but there is also a steadfastness and unchangeableness about them as well.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com