|

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Where did I put it? Or, I forgot again

I've recently read blogs where middle aged writers have been posting about forgetfulness. I've had a major case of this in the past couple of days. For example:

Yesterday morning I missed a lab appointment I had just scheduled the week before. I called the hospital in the afternoon and was able to reschedule for today.

This is not my forgetfulness, but the environment I help create at home may have contributed to this one. We were talking about a friend's daughter's upcoming confirmation, and Tim suddenly remembered that we had been invited to another friend's daughter's confirmation open house party. I have been searching for the invitation, which probably came during tax time, and have been unable to locate it. I left a message on the phone at our friend's house, apologizing because the party was probably over a week ago.

This morning I went to my lab appointment. I was going to blog before I left, but decided I'd try to get there on time, maybe even early, so I waited till now (12:45 pm) to blog. So, I left for my appointment, parked on the 5th floor of the parking ramp, waited forever for the elevator, and got to the admitting desk only to realize that I HAD FORGOTTEN MY LAB ORDERS AT HOME.

Fortunately, the kind young lady at the desk and technology saved me. I called my clinic and was able to have them fax the lab papers over to the hospital. Then I waited my turn, got my blood drawn, got a parking pass, and went on to the grocery store and then home.

And Cheri, I haven't forgotten (kind of) about the pizza muffins recipe. I'll probably e-mail it to you (unless I forget). For the rest of you, it can be found in Joanna Lund's book Cooking Healthy with a Man in Mind, available at Amazon.com.

Till next time (unless I don't remember),


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com