|

Monday, May 09, 2005

A lovely weekend

We enjoyed a lovely weekend. Even though it was overcast most of the time (and last night we got a good rain/thunderstorm after 8 pm), Tim and I enjoyed some wonderful time together. On Saturday we visited some remodeled homes on the Minneapolis/St. Paul home tour. We love seeing the restored rooms, filled with magnificent woodwork, chandeliers, stained glass, hardwood floors, built-in hutches and cabinetry, interesting nooks and crannies, and wonderful gardens. It has more appeal to us than the popular Parade of Homes, which features new homes. It's fun to visit the new homes, too, but more enjoyable to see how people recreate and restore older dwellings.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and I sat with my husband and my three children in church--a rather rare occasion since Mark is often playing guitar, Christina is with the younger children, and Luke no longer lives at home so we don't always see him at our church. We enjoyed lunch together at Leann Chin, and in the evening, Tim's side of the family gathered together to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom and also to wish his dad a happy 70th birthday! (To see pictures, go to Tim's blog.)

Today is my dear mother's birthday. She had a nice mother's day--she and my dad visited my brother and his wife and kids. They have two wonderful boys and their new daughter was dedicated at their church yesterday--Emilee. She is the only Wells granddaughter outside of our Christina--and Mom and Dad have 10 grandchildren now--ranging in age from 25 to 3 months!

Happy Birthday Mom--I hope you have a wonderful day. You've made so many of my birthdays so special--I know Dad will make sure your day is wonderful too. Thanks for being a terrific mom and grandma--I can't wait to see you later this summer. Missing you and loving you lots and lots!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com