|

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

No controversy, no comment

I've been blogging for awhile now--it will actually be two years in July! Wow! Time flies. I've read hundreds of others' blogs and left comments here and there, but mostly soaked in what others had to say. As I sit here in our office at home, I hope maybe one or two people will read what I have to say and maybe it will bring a smile, give a bit of information, or maybe even be a cyber hug to someone I know or may not know.

As a journalism major (oops--should I let that secret out--now you'll be wondering why my blogs sound so much like streams of consciousness instead of highly crafted news or feature articles), I hope that daily writing hones my craft a bit and communicates something to people who come across my page. On my other blog, I hope that the daily comments I make on Scripture readings may inspire others, too.

My husband Tim has suggested that I should write on more controversial topics. I should be opinionated, encourage discussion in the comment line and respond with informed answers of my own.

Even though I would love to see my blog meter sky-rise, I guess I shy away from controversy in this forum. I enjoy writing about what's on my mind, which is usually my home, family, neighborhood--my little corner of the world. Maybe my blogs are boring. Or maybe I'm afraid of writing controversial things because I want to be liked (rather than be read?) and would instead seek to avoid negative comments.

Perhaps I'll address a controversial issue or two in the future. Perhaps I'll look back on an old blog and say--"Did I really write that?" But every day my computer calls me, and my mind and fingers engage in these little essays on my life. Controversy or no, comments or no, I am at least putting words on a screen. And for me, at least, that is a bit of an accomplishment.

Till next time,


Suzi

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

Here's a controversial topic if you need one:
diet or regular?
Keep your blogs as sweet as you are!
From a bland blonde blogger.
BTW, I prefer water. From our well. It is the best.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Well Suzi, your sister really does know how to stir the pot. Diet or regular? How about regular or decaf? Decaf stinks, but not as much as diet. And TAB is the worst. But I do agree with Cheri, water is usually best, if you can't find coffee that is.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

Controversy or not, I'm here for every post. Keep on blogging.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Suzi said...

Thank you very much, Rodney. I appreciate it!
Suzi

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com