|

Thursday, June 23, 2005

A day off?

Well, it is almost 8 pm, and I am finally blogging. Tim asked me to help him (I thought at one job) today, and it turned out to be a lot more than that. I left before blogging, thinking I'd be home in a couple of hours. We met for breakfast (because he had started early and I hadn't packed him a lunch) and then I helped him by spotting nails and sweeping the floor at one job.

Then I followed him to a second job where he was to give a bid on drywall work. We then went to a garage in St. Paul. The floor looks clean enough to me, but the supervisors said they needed it cleaner. If Tim had known that, he would have put down some drop cloths, but as it is, I scraped and mopped and scraped and mopped and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed in 90+ degree heat. It seemed that rather than getting the floor clean, I was only successful in moving the dirt around.

Tim had to leave for the next job, so I spent a couple of hours "cleaning" until I finally gave up. I should have taken the parkway home, but I headed on the freeway and sat in traffic. Thank goodness our Highlander has good air conditioning. I came home, rested a bit, took a shower, then went to Arby's to pick up some supper (too hot and tired to cook).

Hopefully tomorrow I won't have to do too much drywall work as I've got a million things to do before we leave next week for Cornerstone and it is supposed to be my "day off." (Unfortunately, Luke is busy working for Tim's brother today and tomorrow and Mark won't be back from camp till Saturday afternoon!)

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com