|

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The return of the clog

It's back. I guess I should have been pouring a gallon of white vinegar down the kitchen sink each week. Or maybe every day. But I noticed a foul smell coming from the sink in the heated garage. The dishwasher/garbage disposal was backing up into the sink. The cause: a stubborn clog many feet away in the laundry room.

Tim and I were up till after 11 plunging and snaking. (Well, Tim did most of the work. I had plunged earlier before he got home from his Bible study.) Tonight, Tim is trying to snake from closer to the source, but that's not going so well. The next step is opening the pipes under the sink and running a hose through it. When the clog finally does break loose, there will be a mess in the laundry room.

I see now why plumbers make such good money. This is nasty work. Of course, if we had an electric snake (or whatever they call those powered ones) it would be easier work.

I suppose I should be jealous of my folks and my sister who don't use a garbage disposal because they don't have one, and who compost all of their leftover food instead of grinding it down the drain. Sometimes more primitive life can be a timesaver in the long run.

Stay tuned on the unclogging of the Nelson pipes...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com