|

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Two days in a row

It's weird--being back to working a three-day week. I feel almost guilty, having a second "work" day off in a row. Even my morning visit to the eye doctor was just a contact lens check, and I was in and out of there in less than 30 minutes.

However, I just got a throw-back to tax days with a phone call a little bit ago. It was my brother-in-law Jeff, looking for paperwork that had come in during the busy time at the end, but that wasn't related to tax stuff so it was "set aside." We both remember discussing the paperwork, but didn't recall where it ended up. Hopefully Jeff will find it soon. I hesitated to answer the call because Jeff's number shows up as "out of area" and it almost always is a solicitor when that shows up on caller ID. And when I did answer, there was no response right away, so I was getting ready to hang up when I tried hello again and found a friendly voice on the other end.

Well, there is plenty to do around here to keep my mind and hands busy so I don't have to think about either "real" job. I know I'll get back into a routine and hopefully whip things into shape around here. Mostly I need to get rid of junk, something that isn't an easy thing for me to do. I should probably borrow Christina for several hours and sit near a trash can or recycling bin and have her say, "Mom, get rid of that." It's somehow easier to part with stuff when you can see the value it doesn't really have through someone else's eyes.

Like that Cub Foods receipt with the coupons on the back that have expired. Well, maybe I'll go to that store and redeem that coupon even though it's past--some stores continue to honor old coupons.

Or maybe I'll move on and fill the garbage can.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com