|

Friday, June 30, 2006

The right arm today, or Suzi's Big Adventure Continues

No, this is not a picture from yesterday's blog. This is my right arm, and yesterday I had a whole new hospital adventure, hence the wristbands on my new hand with new pokes to accompany them. Actually, I think I'm just training my arms for the wristband I'll be wearing all next week at Cornerstone.

Well, I went in for my ultrasound yesterday accompanied by some poking and prodding. The ultrasound technician of course told me that I'd have to hear the radiologist's report from my doctor before I could know anything.

Things were going along pretty well yesterday, until I noticed in my phone conversations that I was having trouble finishing sentences. I guess this is called expressive aphasia. Long story short, my doctor said I should get it checked out at the hospital again. So, this time I was off to the emergency room.

Once there, I was doing better, but went ahead with plans for an MRI. (with diabetes strokes and such are more common than with Everyman) Anyway, after spending 40 minutes listening to the rattling and groaning of the coffin-like tube, they let me out and back to my ER room. It's actually quite nice in ER now--instead of just curtained partitions patients actually have their own rooms. However, there was no TV, no company, and I hadn't brought along any reading materials. But, not being near death, I tried to count my blessings and wait till someone had time to talk to me.

Finally a nurse came in and said a doctor would be in to see me. Diagnosis: sinus infection. Actually, my speech problems were probably stress related and had pretty much cleared up (the discharge sheet read: expressive aphasia: resolved). I am supposed to follow up with my family doctor to get my hemoglobin checked (it was up to 8.4 in the hospital, so it's on the right path) and they were able to get a radiologist report from yesterday morning which recommends I see my gynecologist for an endometrial biopsy.

So, armed with my diabetic medication, my iron pills, and my amoxicillin (the Rx from ER for my sinuses), I will prepare for Cornerstone! I guess I've never had to have an MRI just to diagnosis a sinus infection, but I'm glad they found something for all that trouble. And I hadn't really noticed anything till they mentioned it--but today I'm feeling more sinus pressure (I need to pick up the antibiotics today).

Can't wait to see what excitement this day holds!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com