|

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Dozen Roses from Five Men

Today is Administrative Professional's Day--another day Hallmark can rack up the cash with an assortment of card purchases.

Today I was on the receiving end of this marketing scheme.

And I loved it.

I only found out yesterday about this special day, as I was seeking to send a note of congratulations to a friend who received a deserving award at a Bethel dinner last night.

This morning I arrived at the Anthropology/Sociology office, and a dozen peach colored roses in a beautiful white vase greeted me, with a card signed by each faculty member.

I was very touched.

You see, one year ago today was my last full day of employment at my previous job. The next day, I found out that budget cuts prohibited my continued work there. It was a sad day.

This year, I feel loved and appreciated again by a marvelous staff. I am challenged and cared for by both groups of friends and co-workers at each of my part-time jobs at Bethel.

Thanks, guys, for the privilege of working with you, for your scholarship, kindness, and friendship. I am truly blessed.

Till next time,


Suzi

PS To see this great group of folks, follow this link: http://cas.bethel.edu/dept/anthropology/faculty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com