|

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Rain, rain.....

Rain, rain, go away, come again as snow some day....

Finally the rain seemed to let up yesterday. Last night, after a very long day at work, I heard the forecast for today (tomorrow then). Possibility of 2-4 inches of snow.

It had been a long day at work. I arrived at 8 am to help stuff PO boxes. I ended the evening (8 pm) at the seminary, trying to serve students, when I got a sort of funny feeling. I decided to call Tim.

I couldn't complete sentences very well. I could think of what I wanted to say, but the right words didn't come out in the right order. I had checked my blood sugar--it seemed to be fine.

"You better eat something," Tim said, in spite of my glucometer reading. We agreed to talk again in a few minutes.

After I ate I felt better. Today my glucometer was off a couple of times. I think the reading may have been wrong yesterday. Before I went home last night, I was doing lots better. Tim could tell it in my speech.

Then I heard the weather forecast. But this morning, there was no snow, so we counted our blessings.

During the day I watched the rain come down. As people came inside at work, they talked about sleet and even small hail. It was sleeting/snowing when I drove home.

Now it's almost 9 pm, but the snow is starting to stick on our patio furniture. It's blowing quite a bit, too.

I guess Mother Nature is getting in her April Fools joke a couple of days late.

Well, I know the weather is in God's hands actually. I just pray he'll return the balmy sunshiny days we enjoyed not so long ago. Maybe it will come in time for our Easter Celebration.

In the mean time, we can know that the gray clouds and rain will produce green grass and budding trees. From dreariness and darkness come life and light.

We can look forward to that as the week ends and next week begins.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com