|

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Quiet but busy

Spring is arriving in Minnesota. I haven't seen my first robin yet, but I believe he/she is out there. The snow is almost all melted, except in the spaces where it was heaped up by shovels, snow blowers and snow plows.

It's been a quiet week on campus--it's spring break at Bethel. Quiet--but busy. I've been working to register students at the seminary before spring quarter starts on Monday. At Anthropology & Sociology, I've been working on our departmental website and helping a faculty member mail out his latest book. It was beautiful walking around the quiet campus, carrying loads of books to and from the Anth/Soc office to the campus post office. The temperature reached in the upper 60s. Last week, as temps got up in the 50s, students ran around campus in shorts and flip flops--some set up skate board ramps and pipes.

I encouraged Mark to go to Bethel (no, not to sin Amos 4:4) to play some disc golf. To my surprise, he did, and enjoyed the course very much. The course (9 hole) encircles the seminary area and goes by Lake Valentine. I hope Mark will go again and maybe even take time to join Mom for lunch.

Next week the kids will be back on campus--at the college and seminary. They'll be there for the home stretch--by the end of May, all the students will have left campus again. In June, some will return for summer school, but the pace will be much slower.

Christina has break next week. Maybe she'll come on campus to shop in the bookstore. She has different reasons for visiting the university than her disc golfing brother. She likes the cool sweatshirts and BU water bottles.

Of course, I'd love it if all my kids were students there and would have lunch with Mom every day....

These days we could picnic by the lake at noon. Soon enough summer will come and we'll end up retreating indoors to air-conditioned comfort.

But Minnesota summers still have plenty of comfortable outdoor days. I'm looking forward to it. Meanwhile I'll enjoy spring's advent--the greening of lawns and budding of oaks and maples.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com