|

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy birthday Mom!

Today is my wonderful mom's birthday. I wish she weren't so far away--she and dad are in Tennessee and Tim and I are here in Minnesota. Too many miles between us.

Phone calls and emails help, but it's not the same as seeing my mom's smiling face or feeling her warm hugs around me. She is such a joy to everyone who meets her--she is a very bubbly and caring person.

She worked hard to raise us four kids, taking on a job first as a waitress, then in retail, as we all got close to college. She and dad helped all four of us graduate with college diplomas.

But more important than that is the love and prayers she gave and said for us over the years. In all of her correspondence to us, she signed it, Love and prayers, Mom. I can't tell you what it's been like to have a mom like that praying for me--for us all--for the past 50 or so years.

I'm writing this at the end of the day, Mom, so I hope your day was happy. Thanks for all you've done and for all you continue to do for me and us all. We love you!

Love and prayers,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com