|

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The God of Beauty

As I was driving to work yesterday, I thought about how dark it is so late in the day. When Raven and I walk at 6:30, it seems like the middle of the night.

Every day I drive east to work in the morning, and west to home in the evening.

I heard someone on the radio say that November is such a dreary month, when all the leaves are fallen and the ground is frozen but not yet covered with a wintry blanket of white.

But as I drove east on 694, I observed the most amazing sunrise. The sky was clear at the horizon, but a layer of clouds hovered not far above. The clouds were rosy in the dawn colors of red, pink and orange.

I thought to myself (or God put in my head, however you want to look at it), "God is way bigger and more powerful and beautiful than any of my little problems. Today is a day he has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

As I took the right exit to Bethel, those continuing on the freeway seemed to drive right into the beautiful orange orb that was peeking up to awaken the day.

Now, don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight. Or, if you do, be sure to get up to look at the sunrise. Or, perhaps better still, enjoy the early sunset tomorrow night.

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzi,

Mom and I are also enjoying the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. In the morning at the beakfast table it is an awesome site as the colors show, glow, and go.

Most PM`s are not so showy
but we enjoy them immensely each time.

DOD

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com